BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Non-Management
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Permanent
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Senior Analyst Marketing Finance will provide support to Commercial Finance Team from end market and GBS P&R by
managing daily planning and reporting tasks. He will be part of a team of professionals, working to maintain order and transparency for the
company’s finances. Analyzing financial statements, reconciliations and reporting are a large part of the senior reporting analyst’s day-to-day
work. The ideal candidate will be able to work comfortably with numbers and has attention to detail.
Reports to: Senior Commercial Finance Manager
Reporting Level: Local
Geographic Scope: Global
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Prepares management reports, including meaningful and actionable commentaries to discuss with stakeholders
- Proactively monitors and track costs and highlights any variance from plan, both actual and forecast
- Collates and analyses detailed breakdown of cost and provides input to budget holder for their review
- Prepare first level commentary, dashboards & variance analysis, including analysis of MI commitments
- Provides the business with finance reporting information (Brand profitability / TCI analyses etc.) on a timely basis
- Manage & understand all cost allocations, cost accounting & queries (e.g. adjustments, accruals, provisioning)
- Distribute standardized reporting packs to End Market BPs for discussion with Marketing
- Raise eFlow requests for journals/master data changes and own process subsequently to reflect updates
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics and proven experience as a Jr/Sr Finance Analyst or similar role, at least 1 year
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with accounting software (Excel, SAP)
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Business partnership thinking
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Organized personality with attention to details
- Fluency in English
- BPC experience
- Power BI experience
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!