BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
FUNCTION: DBS / IDT
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Warsaw, Poland
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The person in this role will have the opportunity to shape and influence the future direction of BAT in strategic areas such as Industry 4.0, Supply Chain Operations, Manufacturing and Compliance. This role gives an outstanding opportunity to not only generate and align architecture archetypes, but get hands on with carrying out proof of concept/proof of values using the latest cloud technologies.
Reports to: Global Head of Manufacturing Platform Teams
Reporting Level: Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Global
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
Lead / contribute to:
- Documenting and maintaining solution architectures.
- Ensuring that solutions are strategically aligned with enterprise architecture and business requirements for the project, ensuring fit for purpose and alignment with overall strategy and architecture standards.
- Developing solution recommendations for the proposed solution, producing a solution architecture and architecture design.
- Reviewing and signing off on outcome of detailed design phase during the project (e.g. design, build, test, and implementation).
- Undertaking analysis of application technology options and associated costs, conduct fit-gap analysis, and proof of concepts for new business systems solutions, as appropriate.
- Assessing the alignment of proposed solution architecture to architecture principles.
- Using knowledge of new technologies and tools to identify and create business improvement opportunity.
- Using cross industry insight (e.g. standard methodologies, trends, innovation) to assist in the design and development of solution architecture in BAT.
- Collaborating with partners to clarify details of requirements.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in solution architecture methods and tools with good appreciation of Enterprise architecture methods and tools.
- Experience in application, integration, data & information and technology strategy and design.
- Organizational Change and Business Engagement Skills.
- Effective Communication and Relationship Management at all levels.
- Understanding and experience of Architecture Frameworks i.e. TOGAF.
- Experience in designing and architecting large or complex software systems using industry standard tools and existing enterprise frameworks
- Strong Business Analysis skills and the ability to extract non-functional requirements from overall business objectives
- Multiple years of experience in minimum one software design for: MES (ignition, Apriso), LIMS, APIs, Industrial protocols opc, mqtt, https, soap standards.
- Experience in at least one of Client-side web technologies & frameworks e.g. AngularJS, HTML5, jQuery, Node.JS, C#.Net MVC
- Knowledge of the strengths / weaknesses of one or more database technologies: Relational: SQL Server, Oracle; No-SQL: MongoDB, Cassandra.
- At least a year of proven experience in Cloud Architecture, Infrastructure and Development on Azure or AWS.
- Demonstrable knowledge of enterprise security and compliance frameworks and user authentication/authorization strategies. OWASP Top10 is expected.
- Guiding multiple agile development teams to the successful delivery of a target architecture
- Master’s degree in information technology, Electronics/Telecommunication, Information Systems Management, Quantitative methods etc.
Nice to have at least one of the below mentioned:
- ISA95 understanding
- Industry 4.0 understanding
- Industrial IoT experience
- Knowledge of SAP in relation to Logistics, Planning and Manufacturing
- Experience with developing and deploying solutions through DevOps; familiarity with DevOps toolchain: DevOps Azure
- Knowledge of cybersecurity standards IEC 62443 / ISA 99
- Enterprise/Solution Architecture passionate
- Keen interest in Industry 4.0
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!