BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT Poland IS LOOKING FOR AN OPERATIONS PORTFOLIO MANAGER
SENIORITY LEVEL: Senior Level
FUNCTION: DBS / IDT
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus
LOCATION: Warsaw, Poland
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
Ensures the development, on-going management and prioritization of Functional DBS portfolio (projects/programs with a significant DBS component), to maximize business value and ensure alignment with corporate goals and objectives.
Reports to: Global DBS Manager - New Categories Platforms
Reporting Level:Individual Contributor
Geographic Scope: Global
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Ensures that programme/project leads and/or service owners adhere to the agreed portfolio management approach and timetable and that they provide the appropriate information to agreed targets of timelines and accuracy.
- Produces reports as appropriate for portfolio governance, including making recommendations for changes to the portfolio.
- Promotes and ensures use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools. Provides expertise and support on use of methods and tools.
- Evaluates project and/or programme performance and recommends changes where necessary. Contributes to reviews and audits of project and programme management to ensure conformance to standards.
- Carries out risk assessment within a defined functional or technical area of business. Uses consistent processes for identifying potential risk events, quantifying, and documenting the probability of occurrence and the impact on the business.
- Takes responsibility for understanding the business requirements at portfolio level, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal service agreements. Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels, ensuring that organisational policy and strategies are adhered to. Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks.
- Ensures that Project Management service delivery meets agreed service levels for the IT Functional portfolio.
- Diagnoses service delivery problems and initiates actions to maintain or improve levels of service.
- Establishes and maintains operational methods, procedures and facilities in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured, monitors benefits against what was predicted in the business case.
- Supports senior management to ensure that all plans, work packages and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Solid work experience including project management / PMO / planning / portfolio management experience in a complex environment.
- Effective communication and relationship management - experience working with business stakeholders across various business functions with the ability to adapt content, style, and level of detail of written and verbal communications to fit numerous and diverse audiences.
- Previous experience in matrix organizations
- Experience in working on Portfolio Management and/or Agile based portfolio (PPM) tools (Planisware)
- Experience with various Project & Portfolio Management tools and project management and solution development methodologies (Prince 2, Waterfall, Agile, DevOps etc.)
Nice to have at least one of the below mentioned:
- Any experience in either running or be part of the SaFE Lean-Agile Methodology
- Certification around Lean-Agile and Portfolio Management (PRINCE2, PMP, P3)
- Proficiency on Agile Dev-Ops tool
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!