BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
JOB TITLE: Solution Architect & Design Authority - Integrated Supply Chain Planning
EXTERNAL JOB TITLE: Solution/Systems Architect
SUB FUNCTION: Operations IDT
CITY & COUNTRY: Warsaw, Poland
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
Solution Architect & Design Authority ensures that for every new requirement an optimal functional solution has been identified to be implemented in BAT Integrated Planning Platform (Kinaxis Rapid Response) that is in line with platform architecture and design policies/principles. This is a cross functional role which require understanding of other components of end-to-end Supply Chain Planning process to have a visibility how change in Planning platform affects upstream/downstream systems (like SAP ECC etc.).
As Solution Architect & Design Authority you will act as the overall design lead for the Kinaxis platform, and you will therefore be accountable for ensuring changes to the design and configuration of the platform both meet business requirements, but ensure continued optimal operation of the platform. You will work with colleagues in the Platform team, in the SNO business function and with 3rd party development teams from outside of BAT to ensure design of new functionalities/changes is compliant with BAT policies/principles, solution e2e architecture and that delivered solution provides value to the business stakeholders.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
To be fit for future BAT is transforming supply chain planning capabilities through innovating our technologies and underlying processes to increase supply chain agility, speed of decision making and our ability to made end-to-end trade off decisions.
As a result, we have embarked on a journey to leverage modern supply chain planning technologies to support our transformation aspirations, selecting Kinaxis RapidResponse as our new integrated demand forecasting and supply planning solution.
To support implementation of Kinaxis Rapid Response we are establishing new Integrated Planning platform team in the Warsaw Tech Hub in Poland. This new team will work in close partnership with the Supply Network Operations (SNO) Capability team in the business providing technical capabilities to keep the lights on, to evolve and improve the platform, to maximise re-usage and to optimise and accelerate deployment to new markets.
Within the Supply Network Operations (SNO) function we manage Integrated Supply Chain Planning (Supply Planning and Demand Planning), Logistics and the deployment of New Product Introductions
This role supports the Integrated Planning portfolio of solutions covering the following process areas:
- Demand Forecasting
- Rough Cut Capacity Planning
- Inventory Planning & Optimisation
- Distribution Requirements Planning
- Production Planning & Scheduling
- Deployment Planning
- Material Requirement Planning
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
Initiatives cover Global/Regional/Local scope, including business case driven change and LFR (legal/fiscal/regulatory) change.
Kinaxis Product Manager/Platform Team Lead
Number of Direct Reports
Manage self / may provide task leadership for 3rd party vendors
5% – 10% (post pandemic)
- Fully understand Supply Network Operations (SNO) strategy, expected outcome, deliverables and value that needs to be generated from Technology
- Reviews the functional end to end solution design to confirm its suitability in regard to business requirements
- Ensure changes on Integrated Planning solution do not impact upstream/downstream systems, identifying the changes required in upstream/downstream system to be compliant
- Manages and approves new functionalities/changes technical design proposals
- Accountable for and leading definition of platform/products architecture. Ensures products adherence to BAT architecture/design principles and policies, working with colleagues from Enterprise Architecture
- Ensures the existing and ‘out of the box’ functionalities are leveraged as much as possible instead of developing new customizations
- Approves/assures solution developments made by outsourced DevOps partners. Validates the delivered product to confirm its readiness for unit testing, UAT and compliance with approved design
- Manages and prioritizes 3rd Party development work executed by DevOps partners
- Support the business and IDT Business Analysts to translate business requirements into technology requirements and recommended projects and/or changes requests, considering existing available solutions, the future technology roadmap and your knowledge of external vendors’ capabilities
- Work with project teams and Architecture teams to articulate the IDT architecture and integration implications of new technology projects
- Support the evaluation and assessment of the degree of conformance that new solutions have on existing IDT policies and rules
- Provides support to 3rd Party DevOps team in case of complex solution related issues
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain Planning processes and practical experience of improvement of these processes leveraging technology
- Deep experience in our preferred Supply Chain Planning Solutions of choice is highly desirable: Kinaxis RapidResponse, and in general experience in deploying cloud-based Supply Chain Planning solutions
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Previous experience in designing solutions and/or configuration of software packages operating in a SaaS environment
- Previous experience in defining solutions architecture
- Experience in large global organisations using in-sourced and out-sourced IDT (IT) service providers
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to plan own work to meet overall goals and objectives
- Strong facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Effective communication and relationship management - experience working with business stakeholders across various business functions,
- Experience in managing 3rd party vendors’ work
- Robust team work demonstrated both within and outside the IDT function - Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary matrix teams, with internal and external participants
- Awareness and understanding of Lean-Agile project management and solution development methodologies and frameworks e.g. Dev Ops and SAFe.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Degree Educated, with 5-10 years post graduate work experience working with Supply Chain Planning solutions
- Certification in Kinaxis (i.e. author and/or contributor levels) is highly desirable
- Experience in Data and Integration architecture and design would be additional benefit (including Talend Data Integration platform)
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
- Are you IT professional having deep solutions architecture/design knowledge and experience ?
- Do you have experience in Supply Chain Planning space and knowledge of Kinaxis Rapid Response solution ?
- Have you worked in large global organisations using in-sourced and out-sourced IT service providers ?
- Do you have experience in managing 3rd party vendors ?
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!